Powered By Blogger

2016-06-12

I am Leyla until the Last Gasp





I am Leyla until the Last Gasp
By: Souzan Aoun

Translation Dr. Baha Alak



I bite off stories as pieces of conquest,

However, I will not swallow my fingers

to breathe in the caves of silence.



As I am who dressed the earth’s womb with irises. 



I crucify distorted history at my desire with my flute. 


These illusions are fabricated translations of my dance.



I painfully and fleetingly polish the genuine surface with false kisses.



Like a heart holds smiles’ arms

Like atrophic wastes

O my love!! 



You will not reach my oracle’s space, I vow to you. 


I have whispered to the red planet of my madness,so be patient



Your handsome dust is a black kohl abandoned by the light. 



Brought to life thousands of nail-studded eyes; paralysed in mutable blindness. 

But crushing my fate.



Those cherries not yet ripened

Will not produce wine.



Ask me, I am Leyla until the last gasp.


I carry baskets full of pain, and rich pastries eaten by the ravenous wolf. 



I hang wisps and pattern of my clouds on the olive tree branches

Like lovers’ lamps dating back to the Stone Age and forgotten civilizations. 



Oh, you who departed my land do not turn back lest the flood returns you to me. 


I am an adventurer, my mother delivered that way. 



Ardently, bit by bit, but still, I do not trust stages.


Elevated between my mummified worlds and your spilled world of pain-wracked mills. 



I applaud you with my emotions but my glances are elsewhere… in the distance.



I bear my colours on my back as an old ship,

Or punctured by my master Al-Khidr*; so ask no more questions



I will tear down all the walls that defeated my nightly dark travels.



The stars and I are lovers together with the one that declared war on you in the beginning. 



Here calamities accelerate like random meteorites. 

Flee from stoning, run from this plight, and I will announce you as sovereign of all my sorrows. 



Do not follow me with your gaze and cast behind you.



Icons fall from my name, like a drunken dream’s promise, washed away. 


Then you ask me who am I?

I answer…Go back to your soiled cradle and consume your fill.



* Al-Khidr is a mystical figure that some believe to be described in the Quran as a righteous servant of God possessing great wisdom or mystic knowledge .



أنا ليلى حتى الرمقِ الأخيرِ

الشاعرة سوزان عون



أقضمُ القصصَ كقطعةِ قهرٍ، ولكنْ

لن أُواريَ أصابعي

في كهوفِ الصمتِ لتنتشيَ.



فأنا من ألبستْ رحم الأرضِ أحداقاً.



أصلبُ التاريخَ المشوّه ساعةَ اشتهاءٍ بمزماري،

فشواهدُهُ ترجمةٌ محرّفةٌ لرقصي.



أصقلُ سقفَ الوجوهِ، بقبلٍ كاذبةٍ وجعاً وهروباً.



وكقلبٍ يُمسكُ ذراعَ الابتساماتِ

كخصورٍ ضامرة .


يا حبي !!



لن تبْلُغَ مساحةَ وحيي، أحلفُ لك.
فقد أبلغتُ الكوكبَ الأحمرَ جنوني، فتصبّر
.



تُرابكُ الأنيقُ، كحلٌ أسودٌ لمْ يرَ النور.



أنجبَ ألفاً من العيونِ المسمّرةِ بلا رمقٍ

ولكنْ استخفَّ بحتفي.



وحباتُ الكرزِ تلكَ، ما أينعَ مجدُها بعد

ولنْ تَعصُرَ لكَ نبيذاً، سَلني أنا!!



فأنا ليلى حتى الرمقِ الأخيرِ

أحملُ من أوجاعي سلالاً والفطائرُ أكلها الذئبُ.



أُعلِّقُ بعضاً من غيمي على شجرةِ زيتونٍ

قناديلاً للعاشقين، تعودُ لعصرٍ حجرّيٍ وحضاراتٍ منسِية.



أيُّها المغادرُ أرضي، لا تلتفتْ فيحملكَ الطوفان معي.

مغامرةٌ هكذا ولدتني أمي.



ومسالمةٌ بعضَ الشيء، ولكنْ لا تثقْ بدرجاتٍ

ارتقتْ بين عوالمَ مُحنّطةٍ، وعالمكَ المسكوبُ من طواحينِ الألم.



أصفقُ لكَ بِكلتا مشاعري ولكنَّ أنظاريَ هناك، في البعيد.



أحملُ كلَّ ألوانيَ على ظهري، كسفينةٍ شاختْ

أو ثقبها سيدي الخِضرُ فلا تكثر الأسئلة.



سأهدمُ كلَّ الجدرانِ التي هزمتْ هجماتِ ليليَ الأسودِ.



فأنا والنّجومُ أحبّةٌ ومن أعلنتِ الحربَ عليكَ في البداية.



وها هي الخطوبُ تتسارعُ كنيزكٍ

فرّ رجماً لمحنةٍ، ولأعلنكَ بعدها ملكاً لأوجاعي.



لا تلحقني وانظرْ خلفكَ.



هطلَتْ من اسمي أيقوناتٌ، طِرنَ كليلٍ حالمٍ سِكّير

وبعدها تسألُني من أنا؟

عدْ لمهدكَ الترابي وانهلْ منه حتى تشبع.
 




ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق